About Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department offers a B. Tech. program in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M. Tech. degree in VLSI & Embedded systems, ECE branches. The faculty team consists of experts from the industry and academia. The department is highly praised for its activities in the technical front, contributing highly towards the development of cutting edge technologies and professionals. While building a solid foundation of the fundamentals, the students are also exposed to emerging trends in the industry and are molded to be quality professionals of the future.
Electronics and Communication Engineering laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced software that enables the design of Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) circuits and embedded boards. Several faculty members have received their graduate and postgraduate degrees from institutions of international repute such as Indian Institute of Technology, and National institute of Technology and central universities.
Our students actively participate in organizing various events such as technical workshops and seminars. Several faculty members and students are actively engaged in research and regularly publish their work in international journals and conferences.
It was established in the year 2008 with the intent of raising highly qualified Engineers and Researchers who can make substantial contribution to the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To develop the department as a golden archad for competent , knowledgeable , socially conscious world class technocrats with ethical values and to contribute to the economic and technical advancements of the nation.
- To provide high quality academic, research training facilities and to provide employability, leadership qualities and research aptitude among students
- Increase programming skills so that our students are placed in MNC’s.
- To forge industry and institution interaction and integrate class room learning with on the job work experience
- To tap the resource of best minds as faculty and guest faculty
Program Education Objectives(PEOs)
The Graduates will be able to:
- Have a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals, mathematics, basic sciences, humanities and modern software tools with ability to apply them to conceive, analyze, design and implement solutions to problems in electrical engineering field.
- Have a broad based background to practice electrical engineering in the areas of control systems, machines, measurements, power systems, power electronics and their applications in industry and government sectors meeting the growing expectations of stake holders.
- Have requisite skills to excel in a multidisciplinary engineering environment with awareness of contemporary issues, professional responsibility, impact of technology on soCITy, and the need for life-long learning.
- Have an ability to pursue higher studies to meet the needs of global standards and participate in team oriented, open ended activities both as team members and as leaders with professional communication skills to compete in global scenario.
- Ability to exhibit the knowledge of science, mathematics, engineering, communication and programming skills to model and analyze physical systems.
- Ability to achieve competence to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems by applying first principles including open ended problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments for electrical systems as well as multidisciplinary systems to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to have knowledge of contemporary issues in engineering. •Ability to use modern design, analysis, modeling and simulation techniques, and computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Ability to exhibit the knowledge to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Ability to understand the broad impact of Engineering in a Global, Economic, Environmental, and SoCITal context.
- Ability to develop practical solutions for electrical engineering problems under holistic professional and ethical constraints.
- Ability to function effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to communicate, articulately and effectively in both verbal and written forms by using modern communication tools.
- Ability to apply engineering economics and management principles to lead projects effectively.